It is my pleasure to extend to you an invitation to participate in the Grand Parades of the 123rd annual Cheyenne Frontier Days™ celebration. Our parades take place in Downtown Cheyenne on July 20, 23, 25, and 27, and will start promptly at 9:00 a.m.
Attached is a printable application to enter floats in our parades. All applications must be returned no later than 5 p.m., on June 28, 2019. We regret that, due to logistical concerns, it is not possible to consider late applications.
Chris Allen is the Parade Committee assistant responsible for floats. He is available to answer anyquestions you may have about your entry into the parade. If you have any questions, please contact him directly at [email protected] or at (307) 631-8359.
For those of you who wish to attend our world class rodeos or night shows, arrangements to purchase reserved tickets should be made as soon as possible through the Cheyenne Frontier Days™ Ticket Office at www.cfdrodeo.com or by calling (800) 227-6336 or (307) 778-7222.
On behalf of over 600 Parade Committee volunteers, thank you for your interest in being part of the 123-year history of Cheyenne Frontier Days™. We look forward to receiving your application and to your participation in the Daddy of ‘em All®.
Cheyenne Frontier Day™
Release and Hold Harmless Agreement
In consideration of my participation in the 2019 Cheyenne Frontier Days Parades, I fully assume all associated risks. I hereby waive, release and discharge for myself, my family members, heirs, administrators, personal representatives, successors and assigns, any rights and claims which I have or which may accrue against Cheyenne Frontier Days, its officers, employees and volunteers for any and all damages which may be sustained by myself directly or indirectly as a result of my participation in the 2019 Cheyenne Frontier Days Parades.
This waiver and release applies to any negligence on the part of Cheyenne Frontier Days, its officers, employees, and volunteers. I understand that I am relinquishing legal rights. Further, I agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless, including paying attorney’s fees, costs and expenses, Cheyenne Frontier Days from any and all liabilities, which may result from my participation in the 2019 Cheyenne Frontier Days Parades, and agree not to initiate any legal proceeding against Cheyenne Frontier Days, its officers, employees and volunteers.
I certify that I have read and understand this document and sign it knowingly, willingly, and voluntarily.
Parade Float Rules
- Floats are defined (for Cheyenne Frontier DaysTM purposes) as any entry that is not a band or equestrian riding group. Floats encompass horse drawn entries, motorized entries, antiques vehicles, human powered or pulled entries and special interest entries.
- The theme of the parade is broad. However, entries must depict a person, place, event or activity depicting the history of Cheyenne Frontier Days, the City of Cheyenne, the State of Wyoming, or the American West in general.
- Parade entries may be from a for-profit or non-profit entity.
- The parade may not be used to further any cause, no matter how worthy, whether it is social, religious, political or commercial.
- Signs denoting sponsors or entry names may not exceed 24 inches in length and 9 inches in height.
- Because of overhead obstructions along the parade route, the maximum height of any parade entry is 15 feet.
- Attire should be appropriate to the depiction of the entry. Western or period clothing is strongly recommended including Western hats and footwear.
- First-time entries and entries other than entries in the immediately prior year must be accompanied by photographs or renderings of the entry.
- The Parade Committee may require inspection of an entry.
- Applications will not be considered after the application deadline.
- Entries will not be accepted in the parade without a completed and signed application.
- Entries will not be accepted in the parade without a signed hold harmless agreement.
- An application for a horse drawn entry must be accompanied by proof of $1,000,000 in liability insurance with Cheyenne Frontier Days as an additional named insured.
- An application for a motorized vehicle must be accompanied by proof of insurance.
- Antique vehicles built in 1959 or earlier may be permitted on a limited basis. They must be original or restored to original.
- Lone riders are not permitted in the parade. All riders must be affiliated with a recognized equestrian riding group. Applications for equestrian groups are completed separately.
- Please be aware of spacing in the parade. Gaps in the parade are detrimental to spectators. Any entry causing gaps will be warned by parade officials. Failure to close gaps may result in removal from the parade.
- During the parade, all participants must remain on the entry at all times. No one is to get on or off an entry while on the parade route.
- Nothing is to be thrown from any parade entry.
- No liquids are to be sprayed from any parade entry.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the parade.
- Unloaded firearms are permitted to be carried or worn as part of a costume. Firearms may be subject to inspection by parade officials.
- No firearm is to be discharged at any time before, during or after the parade.
- After the end of the parade, do not stop to unload until you have returned to your loading area.
- Special contractual considerations apply for sponsors of Cheyenne Frontier Days.
Parade Float Application