Parade Rules for Mounted Riding Groups
- Application Due Date All applicants for entry are subject to approval and acceptance by the Parade Committee. For applications to be considered, they must be completed and received by June 15, 2019.
- Certificate of Insurance and Waiver Before an applicant can be accepted for entry in the parade, a certificate of insurance and a signed waiver must be provided to Cheyenne Frontier Days. The certificate must include Cheyenne Frontier Days, Inc. and the City of Cheyenne as additional insured’s.
- Parade ThemeAll parade entries must be WESTERN AND HISTORICAL OR RELATED TO RODEO OR CHEYENNE FRONTIER DAYS. All riders are required to wear appropriate attire which includes hats, long sleeve shirts, and western boots for men and appropriate western or historical apparel for women.
- Sign LimitsSigns, serapes and unit banners may show the name of the group and/or the rider’s name, title, and be worded “presented by” a sponsor. Signs may not exceed “18 X 60.” There are certain national companies whose trademarks are an integral part of the entry. These will be allowed at the discretion of the committee. Please provide information about the sign you intend to carry. The parade may not be used to further any cause, no matter how worthy, whether it is social, religious, political, or commercial. Determination of the acceptability of any entry is at the discretion of the committee.
- Group Description InformationPlease enclose a description or history of your group, your group leader and members in about 50 words or less to be used by the parade announcers. (Please email to me)
- It is prohibited to throw or give anything to spectators during the parade, or to do anything that endangers spectators.
- NO LOSS OF FORWARD MOTION DURING THE PARADE ROUTE.
- Single Riders are not permitted in the parade.
- No one is allowed in the parade without approval.
CFD Parade Assistant
1103 Skyline Drive
Cheyenne, WY 82009
Cell: (307) 631-7693
E-mail: [email protected]