Chief Executive Officer
President and Chief Executive Officer
Cheyenne Frontier Days, Inc. Board of Directors
CFD Headquarters, Cheyenne, Wyoming
As determined by Cheyenne Frontier Days, Inc. Board of Directors
An exempt position under general direction of the Board of Directors performs a wide range of difficult to complex administrative activities; coordinates and directs operations and personnel so as to ensure efficient and financially sound operations; uses independent judgment within the framework of established policies and objectives in decisions affecting operational activities; makes recommendations and assists in the formulation of corporate objectives, policies, and plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop short- and long-range corporate strategy in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- Execute strategic plan for achieving major goals and objectives for the corporation.
- Achieve strategic financial and operational goals.
- Provide direction, guidance and leadership toward the achievement of CFD’s mission, strategy and brand and its annual goals and objectives.
- Lead operations and administration directed by Board of Directors by consistently advising and informing Board members and interfacing between Board and staff.
- Direct marketing of corporation and assure that CFD is consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Manage critical CFD contracts for the rodeo, night shows, sponsorships and concessions.
- Understand and focus on improving the CFD experience for guests, sponsors, exhibitors and community.
- Build, foster and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders including the Board of Directors, General Committee, sponsors, volunteer corps, staff, professional associations, contractors and community.
- Oversee and direct a full time staff of 15+ employees, including recruitment, retention, training, evaluation and compensation plans.
- Cultivate employee growth and leadership potential.
- Promote a work culture that supports CFD vision, encourages excellent performance and rewards productivity and measured results.
- Effectively manage CFD human resources according to authorized personnel policies and legally conforming procedures.
- Oversee regulatory and legal compliance.
- Serve as primary representative for CFD.
COMPETENCIES & KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of practices/procedures pertaining to rodeo and concert production and contractual relationships with vendors.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations requirements related to the legal and safe operation of public assembly areas.
- Working knowledge of PRCA rules and regulations.
- Sound and reasoned decision making supported by data and analysis.
- Ability to develop and deliver contracts and presentations.
- Ability to identify and secure funding/revenue sources.
- Exceptional written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact with community officials at all levels and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies, including a large volunteer corps.
- Knowledge of public relations principles and practices.
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of Microsoft Office and other digital marketing platforms (i.e. dot net environments, responsible web design, mobile and social innovation).
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting financial data.
- Experience developing financial plans and managing vast resources and individuals.
- Working knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Proven track record of success.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience; MBA preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete application below. Interested parties are directed to forward the application, resume and salary history to CFD CEO Search Committee at CFD. CEOSearch@gmail.com. Applications received by October 10, 2014 will receive primary consideration.
Cheyenne Frontier Days is an at-will, equal opportunity employer.