Chief Executive Officer
President and Chief Executive Officer
Cheyenne Frontier Days, Inc. Board of Directors
CFD Headquarters, Cheyenne, Wyoming
As determined by Cheyenne Frontier Days, Inc. Board of Directors
An exempt position under general direction of the Board of Directors performs a wide range of difficult to complex administrative activities; coordinates and directs operations and personnel so as to ensure efficient and financially sound operations; uses independent judgment within the framework of established policies and objectives in decisions affecting operational activities; makes recommendations and assists in the formulation of corporate objectives, policies, and plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop short- and long-range corporate strategy in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- Execute strategic plan for achieving major goals and objectives for the corporation.
- Achieve strategic financial and operational goals.
- Provide direction, guidance and leadership toward the achievement of CFD’s mission, strategy and brand and its annual goals and objectives.
- Lead operations and administration directed by Board of Directors by consistently advising and informing Board members and interfacing between Board and staff.
- Direct marketing of corporation and assure that CFD is consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Manage critical CFD contracts for the rodeo, night shows, sponsorships and concessions.
- Understand and focus on improving the CFD experience for guests, sponsors, exhibitors and community.
- Build, foster and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders including the Board of Directors, General Committee, sponsors, volunteer corps, staff, professional associations, contractors and community.
- Oversee and direct a full time staff of 15+ employees, including recruitment, retention, training, evaluation and compensation plans.
- Cultivate employee growth and leadership potential.
- Promote a work culture that supports CFD vision, encourages excellent performance and rewards productivity and measured results.
- Effectively manage CFD human resources according to authorized personnel policies and legally conforming procedures.
- Oversee regulatory and legal compliance.
- Serve as primary representative for CFD.
COMPETENCIES & KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of practices/procedures pertaining to rodeo and concert production and contractual relationships with vendors.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations requirements related to the legal and safe operation of public assembly areas.
- Working knowledge of PRCA rules and regulations.
- Sound and reasoned decision making supported by data and analysis.
- Ability to develop and deliver contracts and presentations.
- Ability to identify and secure funding/revenue sources.
- Exceptional written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact with community officials at all levels and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies, including a large volunteer corps.
- Knowledge of public relations principles and practices.
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of Microsoft Office and other digital marketing platforms (i.e. dot net environments, responsible web design, mobile and social innovation).
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting financial data.
- Experience developing financial plans and managing vast resources and individuals.
- Working knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Proven track record of success.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience; MBA preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete application below. Interested parties are directed to forward the application, resume and salary history to CFD CEO Search Committee at CFD. CEOSearch@gmail.com. Applications received by October 10, 2014 will receive primary consideration.
Cheyenne Frontier Days is an at-will, equal opportunity employer.
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Cheyenne Frontier Days™, Inc. is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to assist the Marketing Director in the execution of the Cheyenne Frontier Days™ marketing effort. This position will focus on, but is not limited to, developing and executing our digital marketing and social media strategy. This role will:
- Assist in production and submission of advertising materials including ad copy and photography.
- Maintain and perform updates to website (www.cfdrodeo.com).
- Coordinate with outside web design firm.
- Optimize traffic to website with SEO, purchased advertising, and other programs.
- Manage e-newsletter efforts to include: subscriber list growth, content development, and open rate.
- Plan, develop, implement, manage, and measure social media channel presence and communicate to fan base via multi-media postings. Social media channels include Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Vine.
- Develop social media content strategy, guidelines and best practices for CFD; ensure consistency of voice and message.
- Identify and engageinfluencers such as bloggers, opinion leaders, rodeo fans and music fans to create/maintain a program to proactively nurture these groups.
- Foster a sense of community among CFD fans that encourages greater brand engagement and promotes their word-of-mouth sharing of the CFD message.
- Obtain input from all parts of CFD organization as content for social media, website and digital communication — cowboys, cowgirls, CFD Board and Committee, CFD royalty, Dandies, volunteers, etc.
- Create and analyze website and social media campaigns and make recommendations for improvement.
- Create and present reports, findings and insights on social and website activity, trending topics of interest and ways CFD can influence conversation.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest social media, website and digital development trends.
We are seeking an individual with marketing, communications, digital marketing and project management experience with demonstrated accomplishments in the field. Clarity in writing and verbal communication are key elements of this position, as is experience with digital media. The Marketing Coordinator also:
- Has solid experience in creating and understanding social media strategies, tools and execution.
- Has prior experience in developing social media campaigns.
- Is able to craft and present strategic recommendations and manage and execute projects at the most granular level.
- Is up-to-date with the latest advances in digital media, social media, and mobile technology
- Has strong writing skills – can create content and articulate ideas in writing and understand how they play in different digital channels.
- Has keen attention to detail, sense of urgency, excellent communications skills, a great attitude, and the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Strives to make great work happen and is comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, environment.
- Is outgoing and knows how to use digital and social media to reach out to people.
- Is skilled at looking at things from another person’s perspective and providing information that speaks to target audiences.
- Knowledge of analytics, tracking and social media monitoring tools
- Passion for CFD and for developing digital and social communities around CFD and western lifestyle.
- Basic knowledge of website development and platforms, search engine optimization, and search engine fundamentals.
- Experience in measuring online campaigns and proficiency in site analytic tools and measurement programs. Experience in Google Analytics and Adwords desirable.
- Experience with developing and manipulating audio and video files; knowledge of how to format and post video/audio to multiple online channels.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, or communications preferred
- Experience in creating and executing marketing fundamentals such as segmentation, tiering and message development
- More than 3 years digital and marketing experience
To apply, send resume, cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org